Sunday, August 12, 2007

THE EMPTY CORNER

STARBUCKS STARBUCKS. PLEASE GOD LET IT BE A STARBUCKS.


So the south East corner of Broadway and Dyckman is vacant. I think that we need to fill it with something useful and wonderful and something that everyone should pass on their way to the subway in the morning. What better way to start your day than with a trip to Starbucks. So here is what I have done, and i urge you all to do! I have written several letters to Starbucks through their website. They have a section where you can request locations. How great is that?? So please if you want a Starbucks at 200th street-- visit the Starbucks website to help us get a decent cup of coffee in the morning. http://www.starbucks.com/

2 comments:

WshHts187 said...

This used to be the Cloisters Cafe, a very old school NY diner. As long as I can remember it was the Cloisters Cafe, befitting with the Cloisters popping up out of the trees above Broadway and Dyckman. Well, I know for a fact that 168th and Broadway is getting a Starbucks.
Surely, this is to please the many hospital employees and the smattering of Bucksafied residents in the area. As for Dyckman n Bway, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Starbucks has a ways to go before it can infiltrate the Heights and Inwood. Sure, 181 St Bucks has been thriving for 5 years now.
I agree it would be a good spot for a Starbucks, right on the corner of Inwood's busiest thoroughfare, across the street from the subway. But I have a feeling we might see another Nuevo Latino restaurant( like Dyckman REALLY needs another one!) or some type of cafe, but Starbucks? Dunno...Let's wait and see

Unknown said...

oh god, please!!! no starbucks!!! how about a nice mom and pop coffee shop? starbucks is awful and overpriced.