Saturday, August 11, 2007

Review: Todo Barato

Welcome to TODO BARATO- Or as Alta Vista Babel Fish Translator informs me; ALL CHEAP.

These words ring true as I shopped for curtains for my new apartment.

I have pretty big windows, and was kind of mortified at the prospect of finding nice cheap curtains to cover them with.



I had tried target but wasn't happy with their selection of curtains, and then I was walking around the hood looking at what we had when I found this emporium of everything cloth. Curtains and rugs, and sheers- OH MY! It was great. So, i spent a good time looking at all the wonderful colors, and checking to make sure the seams were well made so it could endure the kind of torment all my personal belongings seem to go through. The people were very helpful and very personable, and I got two curtains for 15$ each, and two curtain rods for 10 each. They are pretty fricken amazing I must say.


The only problem with the store is that some of the curtains are a bit dated and overly textured. They seem a bit thick at first glance, but when you get them away from all the other intensely colored curtains, you can tell what they are really going to end up looking like.
The employees are bi-lingual, so as long as you speak English or Spanish you will be just fine :)So if it is curtains of any kind you need I TOTALLY think TODO BARATO is the best place to go. Target is a close second if you want to pay way more for something that may not look as good. But hey, check those tassels.. that is class :)

Todo Barato: Totally INK. and an 8 out of 10. -- I didn't fancy the shower curtains much.

The shop is on Dyckman between Nagel and Sherman-- near the Dunkin' Doughnuts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool - where is this, excactly?