Saturday, August 11, 2007

Review: Nagle's Hardware

Moving into a new place is never an easy thing to do. It always comes with lots of surprises. But thankfully I found Nagle's Hardware. This store is great. It is packed full of everything floor to ceiling you could almost ever need. But more than that- the people who work there are WONDERFUL!



I have needed the strangest things from metal piercing screws, to picture ledge hangers. But most recently-- Steel wool, and roach traps.



I was on the phone with my friend the other day when a GIANT roach crawled onto my bed. I had been in the apartment for quite a time and so his arrival was rather unexpected. Needless to say I did not scream like a girl. No, I stabbed it through the head with my handy dandy pen.



This did however prompt an entire assault on every corner, nook and or cranny of the apartment. But where did I turn in this time of need??? NAGLE'S HARDWARE! Located on Nagle and Thayer street (199th).

I went in and no sooner than i had stepped into the over crowded shrine to all things manly i was being helped by someone who immediately found me; Steel wool for any openings around pipes, ducts, or cracks, some INTENSE roach spray poison, and glue traps galore!



Well, to all those who helped me at the store-- I have not seen a ugly giant roach since. All dead.

Granted I don't think anything could live in the apartment after what I did to it. I basically bug bombed the place for 2 days and stayed with a friend till the fumes had settled.



But Yes, if you need to get something for any sort of handy project or home project-- look no further. Nagles is totally worth the INK. 10 out of 10.



Way to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Nagle Hardware is my go-to spot for all things handy. And, unfortunately, I have a penchant for locking myself out of my apt and their "local locksmith" is friendlier and more affordable than any of the competitors...

*emily - from Iowa to Inwood