Sunday, September 2, 2007

FIRESIDE PENTECOSTAL ASSEMBLY, INC.

So, on my way to the park for a morning run I was given a flier by the local Pentecostal Church and stopped back and asked if i could take some pictures of their electronically amplified street preaching. They said yes- as long as I took another flier.
So, I have not attended a service here yet, but this is what i was handed and I suppose if you are looking for a church that shares your belief system, it will be a good indicator as to if this is the right place for you!

From the flier:
HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN




1.What is the Bible?
The bible is GOD'S WORD. It tells us His law.
(here they show a picture of a book that says KING JAMES on the cover).


2. What is SIN?
Sin is breaking God's Law. Lying, cheating, cursing, stealing--NOT OBEYING GOD IS SIN.


3.Will God punish sin?
YES! Sinners will burn in hell FOREVER.
4. Can I save myself from hell?
NO! No one can save himself.


5.Who can save me from hell?
JESUS can, because he NEVER sinned.


6.Jesus died on the cross to pay for ALL your sins.


7.He was buried the he rose again on the third day.


8.How can I be saved?
"Believe in the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." (Acts 16:31b)


9."....except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."


10. TURN TO THE LORD JESUS. Ask Him to forgive you and save you.


So if this sounds like the church for you! check out the Pentecostal church on Thayer (199th stree) and Sherman behind the parking garage.
I don't care much for the preaching in Spanish cause I don't understand most of it and it is VERY VERY LOUD,, but sometimes they sing pretty songs in front of the church.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am an editor for Christian.com which is a social network dedicated to the christian community. As I look through your web site I feel a collaboration is at hand. I would be inclined to acknowledge your website offering it to our users as I'm sure our Pentecostal audience would benefit from what your site has to offer. I look forward to your thoughts or questions regarding the matter.

Robert Wright
rev.robertwright@gmail.com