Saturday, September 22, 2007

UPDATE: NEXXUS SHOES; :-(

Do we all remember the great story of Jason and the Argonauts?

A small quote from the story I find extremely relevant to my day today:

"Pelias jealously guarded his crown. He paid homage to all the gods but Hera, Queen of the Gods, and he consulted the Delphic oracle who who spoke this prophecy, "A hateful doom awaits you to be slain by the hand of the man with but one sandal."

Well-- Now I am that man with one sandal and these prophetic words give me the strength to bringith forth DOOM on NEXXUS shoes.
Yea.. remember the nice review I gave Nexxus shoes? I had gone, and bought a lovely pair of sandals from the store for twenty bucks ( see receipt).

I purchased them on the twenty-seventh of August. I have worn them a total of about.. oh seven times- not including trips to the mail box in the lobby in the morning.

Well, this morning when I put on my sandals to head to the mail box, I took two steps and felt something odd. My sandal had detached from my foot. I took another step because I wanted to give the sandal the benefit of the doubt. But no. The sandal had betrayed me. After searching for weeks to find a nice looking pair of moderately priced sandals/flip flops my dreams were smashed after only 3 weeks of owning them.

Upon closer inspection I could see that the fibers had actually separated after only a few wearings. They had not SNAPPED from a fall, or a misstep. They had literally come apart after only a few weeks. Its like when you buy jeans and the material sort of loosens up? Well that shouldn't happen with a sandal. Maybe after a year, or perhaps even a season of wear and tear.

But three weeks is a joke. Three weeks a is a rip off. Three weeks worth of wearing a nice little sandal and then having it come apart on a trip 25 feet to my mail box makes me take a trip back to Nexxus.

Yes-- OH YES.. I went back. -- I was very nice about it too. I said,, "Hi, you sold me these sandals and they fell apart after wearing them about 7 times or so." I showed him the receipt and he said "Yea, sometimes sandals like these break when you trip in them or turn your leg funny."
--I was not amused as I had not tripped in them or turned my leg funny on my way to get my mail.
I asked him what he could do about it, or if there was a way to fix it. He said "No- you have to throw it out- it can't be fixed ( he said as though he knew from experience...) and we only have seven days to do returns."


I thanked him and walked out of the store and here I am telling you all; Don't bother shopping at Nexxus shoes for your sandals. Go somewhere else. Unless you are the type who enjoys buying new shoes and then having them break at an inopportune time. Yea I didn't pay a fortune for them. But what bothered me is that you can buy ugly flip flops from Old Navy and they wont break for a long while.
I mean, my thinking was-- oh the toe stirrup is made of leather-- that will be nice and strong. Well, I was wrong, Somehow or other it looks like both of the tongs on the sandals either had been slightly lacerated by the machine that made them, or they are just for looks while the core (made of cheap fibers similar to the string on tea bags) is supposed to actually hold the sandal together.

Don't get me wrong-- Nexxus has cheap shoes and nice people working there. But I don't think that it is worth going back there when I now know what happens to some of the shoes they sell. Also- I looked up the sandal online. All the versions of Raggazi Sandals I could find only cost $9.99 at the most. I paid twice that much at Nexxus... ugh. What really stinks is that I knew there was a Payless shoe store I could have gone to just down the street on Dyckman..
Anyway-- Check back on the review I posted for them-- it has been updated.

5 comments:

Derek said...

Won't buy shoes at Nexxus. Thanks.

But I think my questions are: Where, for three weeks, did you keep that receipt so that you would know where to find it when and if you needed to return those sandals? And for how long do you generally keep the receipts of your purchases? Is there a minimum amount, below which you just throw out the receipt? Are there some kinds of purchases (like, say, groceries) for which you never bother to keep the receipt?

Islem Tav said...

Darn! So sorry about your sandals...

Derek, I keep my receipts up to 3-4 weeks for groceries, but for aparrels, books and other small stuff up to 6 months... don't know why I just do! And up to a year to 18 months for larger (more $$$) purchases. I have a compartment in my wallet where I keep the newer ones, for a month or so (till my wallet starts getting full) then they go into my monthly expenses folder, which is an accordion file with a slot for each month. works perfectly... esp. for tax season and I have write off some stuff.

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm really into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices for the velcros were around 250 dollars on every page. But definitively I found this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for that singular model. The prices for the shoes were all over 250 dollars on every site. But for all I set this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you say about it?

costa rica hotels said...

hi guys ... I was very pleased to read the information in this article ... was of great interest and would love to get a lot more information about "UPDATE: NEXXUS SHOES; :-("